"KNOW YOUR RIGHTS"
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College maintains records about you in various places within the institution. For example, the admissions office maintains records about you, as does the registrar. Under federal and state law you have certain rights concerning the records which Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College maintains. This notice is to make you aware of those rights. Should you have questions concerning your rights, please contact Larry Anderson, Vice President of Administration and Student Life.
Under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (MGDPA) and the Family and Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA), you have a right:
- to inspect and review educational records maintained about you;
- to request an amendment to records about you for the purpose of correcting inaccurate or misleading records, or records which violate your privacy or other rights in some fashion;
- to a hearing regarding records which you believe are inaccurate or misleading, if Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College does not amend the records at your request;
- to place a written statement explaining your disagreement with Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College in your records, if Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College does not amend records after the opportunity for a hearing about whether the records are inaccurate or misleading;
- to consent to disclosures of information which identifies you personally, except to the extent that such disclosures are allowed without your consent under state and federal law;
- to file a complaint with the United States Department of Education if you believe that Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College is not meeting the requirements of the federal law;
- to obtain a copy of Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College's policy regarding educational records. Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College has copies of the policy available at: www.fdltcc.edu